Courses Handbook 2010 - [ Archive created October 2009 ]

Collaborative Course and Unit Partnerships @ Curtin

Within Australia

Outside Australia

Within and Outside Australia

Within Australia

Collaborative Awards

Collaborative Awards are specific courses jointly offered between Curtin and other Tertiary Institutions (primarily other Western Australian public universities), although in some instances, they may be offered between Curtin and a professional body, for example, CPA Australia.

In most cases, a student nominates one enrolling institution, which admits them and grants their award. Participating institutions provide additional units, on a cross-institutional basis towards that award, with the logos of all participating institutions normally appearing on the final award.

Open Universities Australia

Open Universities Australia(Open Unis) was initially established by the Commonwealth and is now operated as a private company owned by a number of Australian universities including Curtin. Open Universities provides an alternative pathway to university studies with greater flexibility than on campus or distance education programs. There are no entry requirements, no quotas on places and students pay a fee for service.

Open Universities Australia advances higher education in Australia by providing students with choices in how they access learning opportunities.

For more information on Open Universities Australia at Curtin, please visit:
Open Universities Australia (Curtin)

Curtin International College

Curtin International College is located on the main campus of Curtin University of Technology in Perth, Western Australia.

Since its inception in 2000, CIC has positioned itself as the 'Preferred Pathway' for international students to Curtin. Its flexible approach to entry requirements makes it an open and accessible institution, serving the needs of a diverse range of students. Furthermore, the highly qualified, friendly and committed staff provide a high level of personal support to all students so that their period of study at CIC is not only academically successful but also an enjoyable and memorable experience.

For more information on CIC, please visit:

Canning College

Canning College provides through its Uni-Direct program a Diploma of Commerce offering successful students a direct pathway to second year in their Bachelor of Commerce course at Curtin. Students gain recognition of prior learning (advanced standing) towards eight units of their first year study.

For more information on Canning College:

Outside Australia

Offshore Programs

Through Curtin University of Technology's long-standing expertise in the provision of international education, and its partnerships with institutions in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Mauritius, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Vietnam, it is possible to undertake all or part of some undergraduate and postgraduate courses in these countries. Programs can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis.

For more information regarding these offshore programs, please visit:

Within and Outside Australia

Study Abroad and Exchange

Study Abroad
Opportunities are offered at Curtin to students from abroad to undertake studies for credit to their degree at their home university but not take a degree from this University. Students participate by applying directly to Curtin. Students applying independently pay tuition to Curtin.

Currently enrolled Curtin students may undertake studies abroad independently. Students apply for leave of absence from Curtin and negotiate for exemptions on successful completion of their studies. Participants do not accrue a Commonwealth supported liability or tuition debt but pay tuition to the institution abroad.

For more information on studying abroad, please visit:

Curtin Study Abroad

Centre for Aboriginal Studies

Curtin Business School

Faculty of Science and Engineering

Faculty of Health Sciences

Faculty of Humanities

Curtin Sarawak

Study Exchange
Opportunities are offered at Curtin to students from abroad to undertake studies for credit to their degree at their home university but not take a degree from this University. Students participate through formally negotiated study exchange arrangements between this University and partner universities abroad. Students applying through exchange partners pay tuition to their home institution.

Currently enrolled Curtin students may also participate in study exchange and go abroad. Such studies are undertaken as part of their degree and are negotiated for credit. Further information is available at:

Curtin Search Curtin Site Index